Citizenship Program Manager
The mission of the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA) is to advance the rights and integration of immigrants and refugees in Massachusetts and beyond. We work to build a Commonwealth where immigrants and refugees feel welcome and empowered to fully participate in economic, social, and civic life, free from fear and discrimination. We work to protect and support the most vulnerable, especially those at risk of deportation, but also strive to expand opportunities for all via education, training, leadership development, institutional organizing, strategic communications, policy analysis, and advocacy. MIRA is a coalition of over 130 member organizations that works across the region, contributes to many national initiatives and is esteemed as a leading voice for immigration issues and immigrant advancement.
About the Job:
MIRA is looking for an energetic and organized Citizenship Program Manager to lead the day-to-day operations of our citizenship program. With more than 200,000 green card holders eligible to naturalize in Massachusetts, the MIRA Citizenship Program provides free and high-quality legal services to citizenship applicants, promotes the value of citizenship through partnerships and outreach, and builds power within immigrant communities across the state. The position reports to the Director of New Americans Initiatives.
- Management of the Program
- Manage statewide naturalization campaign assisting over 300 individuals to naturalize each year;
- Manage data collection and program evaluation to build strategies to reach more clients and improve quality of services offered;
- Coordinate the operations of the citizenship team including the Director of New Americans Initiatives, AmeriCorps service members, interns and volunteers;
- Support the Development Director with grant applications and reports as requested;
- Work with Communications Director to promote citizenship and MIRA’s services through social media and community outreach;
- Build partnerships with community partners to promote the citizenship program;
- Conduct administrative tasks as needed (ordering supplies, submitting reimbursements, etc.);
- Provide community education.
- Direct client work
- Respond to inquiries from the general public by providing information about immigration law and referrals;
- Assist Director of New Americans Initiatives in managing case flow for citizenship clients;
- Providing application assistance to DACA holders seeking to renew their status.
- Supervision of AmeriCorps service members and interns
- Recruit, train and supervise AmeriCorps members, interns, and volunteers to carry out citizenship application assistance.
- Provide opportunities for professional development and learning to AmeriCorps members and interns.
- Other required activity:
- Continued professional development to pursue, or maintain, qualifications as a DOJ Accredited Representative;
- Support other MIRA organizational activities and staff as requested.
Education & Essential Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required, and a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience strongly preferred;
- Bicultural and bilingual strongly preferred (with preference for Spanish or Haitian Creole languages);
- Experience with designing and providing trainings for interns and co-workers;
- Experience working with a diverse community and a range of community partners, preferably in Massachusetts;
- Clear communication in writing and speaking in English;
- Strong data management and evaluation skills, with database experience preferred;
- Strong record of project management and staff or intern supervision;
- Experience with event planning preferred;
- Prior knowledge or exposure to immigration law preferred;
- Willingness to apply for DOJ accreditation.
Full time position. Salary range: $45,000-$55,000.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line: “Citizenship Program Manager – Your Name” by July 9, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
MIRA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and seeks a broad representation of the communities served within its staff.