The Constitution protects all people in our Commonwealth – including immigrants
Now more than ever immigrant voices must be heard at the state level. This year our advocacy will focus on the Safe Communities Act, a bill to protect the civil liberties and safety of ALL Massachusetts residents.
Register here so we know you're coming, and make sure to make an appointment with your legislator on April 5 between 9am and 2pm! Click here to find your legislator. To help us spread the word, please download, print and post the event flyer, available in English and Spanish!
The Safe Communities Act would protect all state residents by making sure our tax dollars are not used to enforce federal immigration law, consistent with Massachusetts values, our history, our Constitution and our laws. This powerful new version of the Trust Act is sponsored by State Senator Jamie Eldridge (S.1305) and State Representative Juana Matías (H.3269). Read our fact sheet to learn more about the bill and see all the organizations that have endorsed it already, and like us on Facebook to get all our updates.
If you're an individual looking to show your support for the Safe Communities Act, sign the petition!
If your organization would like to endorse the Safe Communities Act, please fill out this form!
Call Governor Baker today and ask him to support this bill!
Take action to protect immigrant rights!
- Find online "Know Your Rights" resources in English, Spanish and other languages.
- Request a "Know Your Rights" workshop in your town or region.
- Learn what public health professionals can do to protect undocumented residents and their families.
- Find out actions school officials can take to protect undocumented students.
- Report bias incidents to the Attorney General's anti-harassment hotline.
- And check out MIRA's Facebook page for local events and actions.