Civic Engagement Analyst
The Civic Engagement Analyst will focus on immigrant issue areas with a particular emphasis on redistricting: conducting analysis, providing presentations and updates, and representing MIRA at the working group and coalition meetings. The Civic Engagement Analyst will support the Director of Organizing and the Organizing team, work with diverse populations, and be strongly grounded in civic engagement issues. The position requires a great deal of flexibility and drive, the ability to manage multiple issues and priorities, research, and collaboration with multiple internal and external teams.
The role includes but is not limited to creating briefs, conducting research and analysis, providing informational and educational updates, creating and editing maps, tracking data and advocacy strategies, developing and sustaining working relationships with key stakeholders, coordinating special projects and participating in related coalitions and advocacy efforts.
- B.A. in policy or related field required.
- Three – five years’ experience in nonprofits, immigration led-work, organizing and/or prior experience in related issues.
- Commitment to social justice, closing the equity gap and diverse community engagement.
- Highly motivated and exceptional skills in managing multiple assignments.
- Superior communications (writing/speaking/presentation), research, and interpersonal skills required.
- Aptitude for taking initiative and problem-solving.
- Ability to learn new digital management and project systems.
- Willingness to learn and engage with ArcGIS and other mapping software
- Proficient in Google Suite, DropBox, MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
The hourly rate for the data position is $25/hour.
September 24, 2021.