Citizenship Ambassadors Program
MIRA is proud to announce the launch of our Citizenship Ambassadors Program, a unique opportunity for naturalized citizen “influencers” and allies to work closely with the MIRA Citizenship program staff to:
- leverage their personal networks to share their citizenship story;
- promote naturalization events;
- discuss the importance of naturalization with the goal of motivating their eligible friends, family, and community members to apply for naturalization;
- share general information about the naturalization processes and provide referrals;
- provide resources for citizenship test preparation;
- encourage LPRs and naturalized citizens to become more civically engaged;
- recruit additional Citizenship Ambassadors.
Citizenship Ambassadors will be:
- engaged and dedicated members of their communities;
- multilingual and multicultural (ideally be proficient in English and at least one other relevant language) and comfortable communicating with people from a variety of backgrounds;
- eager to build their leadership skills;
- comfortable sharing their personal stories and path to citizenship;
- passionate about the importance of applying for citizenship.
Benefits and Commitment:
Citizenship Ambassadors will be engaged in a series of leadership development activities. They will be expected to commit to volunteering a total of 75 hours to include:
- Participation in a series of trainings with other Ambassadors on topics to include: introduction to immigration law, basics of citizenship requirements and process, civic engagement 101, personal storytelling, orientation to MIRA citizenship’s teamwork, and more.
- Regular opportunities to receive and provide feedback with MIRA staff and fellow Ambassadors;
- Community outreach and attendance and planning of events in your community.
Citizenship Ambassadors will receive a $500 stipend, with the possibility of an increase depending on availability of funds.
Interested individuals can apply by submitting an application form here by November 13, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Citizenship Ambassador” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The program will begin with virtual trainings in January and run through August.